New learning and development tool launched
Peter Kay, head of learning and development
We have launched a brand new online learning and development platform, Discovery Zone.
The Discovery Zone is Tarmac's online learning hub, it is designed to reflect the Learning & Development Framework which offers a wide range of tools, resources and learning pathways to help employees development and to support them to achieve their objectives and continuously develop their role.
The site has brought all our learning and development offering together in one place under the following sections:
- Individual and team development – self-directed learning tools designed to take place on the job, which include formal skills workshops.
- Leadership academy – three distinct programmes enabling on the job learning,
- Business education – attain professionally recognised qualifications driving individual careers and performance at Tarmac.
- Apprenticeships – government funded development opportunities in skilled occupations.
- Technical skills – support operational roles across the business, to ensure that employees are competent and safe in their role.
- Vocational qualifications – meeting national occupational standards ‘competencies’ expected in any given job role.